Terms and Conditions of Service
By proceeding to book by way of paying a deposit, submission of a form on our website (www.lotusxpressions.com), or over the phone, you accept that you are entering into a contract and you agree to be bound by the conditions outlined below.
Client: the recipient of the services listed on the Services and Pricing page and name listed on the invoice/receipt (hard or soft copy)
Makeup artist: Lotus Xpressions Makeup Studio (Lotus Expressions)
Agreement: the contract that exists between the Client and Lotus Xpressions Makeup Studio (Lotus Expressions) for the agreed fee.
Fee: the amount payable by the client to the makeup artist for the services listed on the Services and Pricing page.
Event: Relates in principal to the date whereby the service(studio or home), event or wedding takes place.
Party: additional members of the bridal party or any other persons needing makeup on the day of the event.
- SECURING THE BOOKING OF AN EVENT OR APPOINTMENTA 50% or full deposit amount paid to the Makeup artist will reserve your event or appointment date/time and cover the cost of your bridal makeup trial where applicable. This deposit is non-refundable.
- TRIALSBridal or special occasion makeup trial costs are to be paid as a deposit using the methods outlined below. If you wish to proceed with a trial, the makeup artist will prepare and send an invoice with payment details. The deposit for your booking for your event is non-refundable.
- PRICINGThe pricing quoted at the time of the booking will be honoured and any general price changes between the time of booking and your wedding or appointment date will not affect your agreed fee for the services booked. Any applicable travel charges will be outlined at the time of the booking – any additional charges will be added to the final balance. Accommodation charges if applicable will be discussed and added to the final balance.
After confirmation of booking, should you wish to add more persons, all you need to do is inform us in advance so timings can be adjusted for the day. The additional cost will be recalculated in the final balance 7 days before the wedding day. When the full payment of the wedding day is received and the size the bridal party reduces on the day, this fee will be non-refundable. However, if we are informed in advance of 7 days before, any overpayment will be refunded or the final balance payment adjusted accordingly.
- PAYMENTAccepted methods of payment include cash, bank deposit, electronic funds transfer, or via Makeup artist’s POS device.
- FINAL PAYMENTWhere applicable, the balance payment is due in cash, electronic funds transfer or Makeup artist’s POS device, upon arrival at the service point. All Bridal appointment balances are due seven (7) days before the wedding date.
- CANCELLATIONSIn the unfortunate event you have to cancel your booking, please inform the makeup artist as soon as possible.
Please provide at least twenty four (24) hours’ notice via phone or email to cancel and reschedule your appointment. If cancellation is due to makeup artist, a full refund of all monies/deposits paid will be provided to the client within fourteen (14) business days.
If the Client cancels, no refund will be given, even if the Client cancels the appointment on the same day.
Cancellations by the makeup artist due to circumstances including, but not limited to, problems affecting the makeup artist’s performance of their obligations where no other suitable alternative can be arranged, a full refund of the deposit will be given to the client. No further compensation will be offered. If the booking is directly affected by circumstances beyond the control of the makeup artist including but not limited to weather conditions, safety reasons, where possible the makeup artist will endeavour to rectify such situations, however, no compensation will be offered on the makeup artist part.
- RESCHEDULINGIn the event that you must reschedule your appointment, your deposit will be applied to a new date which does not exceed seven (7) days from the originally booked appointment date.
Appointments can only be rescheduled once. You should reschedule your appointment at least twenty four (24) hours before your original appointment time. Failure to do so may result in a loss of any payment already made and your appointment may have to be ignored.
- TARDY POLICY A late fee of ₦ 1,000 will be charged if the client is 15 minutes late for their scheduled appointment, or if scheduled appointment exceeds allotted time due to Client’s delay.
- TRAVELTravel and accommodation outside of Lagos will be at the Client’s expense (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
- SOCIAL MEDIA AND PHOTOGRAPHYThe make-up artist will always check verbally if the client is happy for the make-up artist to post a photo on the wedding day onto social media platforms. The make-up artist will never post a photo before the event has started to avoid spoiling any surprises for guests of the event.
Unless otherwise specified by the client any digital photos taken at the trial or on the wedding day may be added to the Lotus Xpressions Makeup Studio website and/or social media. If a professional photographer is present, the makeup artist may ask permission to obtain any images to be used for the website/social media.
- PRODUCTS AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENTPrior to the trial, it is the responsibility of the client to inform the makeup artist of any known skin sensitivity to products or concerns that may affect the use of any equipment or products; all details are treated as confidential. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. Where possible, the makeup artist will choose products that should suit your skin type according to the information provided. Everyone’s skin is different and it’s possible to be allergic to anything. The products selected and agreed upon during the trial will be the products that will be used on the day of your wedding. The makeup artist is not liable for any adverse reactions to products used and cannot be held liable for any losses that are incurred due to adverse reactions to products used.
If you would like further information on the Terms & Conditions outlined above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org